Gender and Social Inclusion
The project is exploring ways to address gender analysis in health policies with the goals of improving health outcomes and ensuring health equity for all and promoting necessity of gender into health systems research and importance of including gender and diverse populations in health policy making in the light of Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) framework. Following activities have been undertaken:
– Conducting activities through a lens of gender and social inclusion.
– Developing GESI tools for training, planning and monitoring health activities
– Applying â€˜Athena Swanâ€™ application to recognize, challenge and change the under-representation of women in work force.
– Reviewing work environment to increase gender awareness and reduce challenges to the advancement of womenâ€™s careers
– Ensuring online access to information for gender and social inclusion
A core working group is working to promote GESI in capacity building programme of affiliate Public Health Institutes in Bangladesh.